The church of St Andrew, Bristol, had a chequered
history, and the third church on the site, built in 1819-20, was
destroyed in 1940 by enemy bombing. The ruins were eventually
cleared about 1956. The churchyard survives, the site of the
church itself being marked by a plaque, and is now grass lawns.
Draper's site and Bristol
All but the tower had been rebuilt in 1634,
because of dilapidation. Enlargement followed in 1768. In the
1820s this church was replaced by a completely new building
slightly to the north of it. Later the original church was pulled
down, carted away and buried in a quarry.
After the war the bombed St Andrew's, being
largely destroyed, was demolished. Christchurch then became
Clifton's parish church.